Could your business benefit from a managed service provider, or MSP? If you’re like scores of other companies, the answer is likely, “Yes.” Here’s what you need to know about using managed IT services, to help you assess if it’s a right fit for you.
A managed service provider is an IT business that maintains your IT but does so from a remote location. The business client permits the MSP to keep track of its network from their remote location. Here are some of the things that an MSP can provide:
- Cloud services
- Day-to-day support
- End-user protection
- Network services
- Rapid response to IT issues
You also may hear the use of MSPs referred to as managed IT services.
How Does an MSP Compare to an In-House IT Staff?
The biggest difference with an MSP versus having an in-house IT staff is cost. When you use an MSP, you can cut down your overhead because you do not have to pay health insurance and other benefits.
Another big difference is that you do not have to worry about hiring specialized IT staff. This is something that the managed IT services provider will handle for you.
Who Should Use an MSP?
Small- and medium-sized businesses are the firms that most often use MSPs. There are a few reasons for this:
- Because of smaller budgets, small- to medium-sized businesses may not be able to hire in-house IT staff.
- Small- to medium-sized businesses are vulnerable to cyberattacks. A managed IT services provider that can keep everyone protected with the latest security patches and updates can save you from a lot of headaches in the long run.
- Smaller businesses usually do not have the resources to protect their IT around the clock. An MSP can provide protection no matter late in the evening and early in the morning, when office-based IT employees are clocked out.
What Are Some Benefits of Using an MSP?
- You have the expertise of trained IT staff at your fingertips without the cost involved with hiring full-time, in-house IT employees.
- Managed IT services staff stay current on security threats and can help protect your business to respond to these threats.
- You’ll provide your business with round-the-clock IT support and protection.
- Your IT support through an MSP can expand and reduce as needed according to your needs.
When you’re ready to work with an experienced MSP, give Futra a call. We can save you money by lowering your overhead and offering a variety of packages that meet your budget. Call us at 941-254-6900. Or, find us online at MyFutra.com.